Saturday, July 9, 2011

Chocolate muffins

My friend Anna got me hooked on baking muffins. As I am a chocolate fan of course I would stick to baking chocolate muffins mainly :) I have tried different recipes and different ways of one recipe. It is never the same but the aim is heading towards perfection. So here is the result and below also the recipe I try to follow adding or reducing the proportions of the ingredients each time as the trick about the batter is not to make it too wet nor too dry.


 Chocolate muffins' recipe
(for approx. 24 muffins)
  • 200 g of sugar
  • 2 eggs
  • 200 ml of sour cream or Greek yogurt
  • 2 tablespoons of cream or a pat of  butter
  • 200 g of flour
  • 1 teaspoon of baking powder
  • 1 teaspoon of vanilla sugar
  • 150 g of Cote D'Or dark chocolate spreadable paste (I have tried it with Nutella as well, was not that good) or melt a dark chocolate bar yourself


Mix all the ingredients in this order, put the batter in the forms (I use the silicone ones), make them half full because the batter will rise, warm a stove at 180°C and bake the muffins for 20-25 min. Use a toothpick to see if they are ready - if it comes out clean muffins are ready. Then turn off the stove and let the muffins stay there for some more minutes.

This time I tried to make the icing - melted some butter, added the same Cote D'Or dark chocolate spreadable paste and sugar but as that was pure improvisation I don't know the proportions, sorry, you will have to try it out yourselves :) If you want to apply it in thicker layer wait while it cools a bit and then apply on the muffins, if you want a thin layer poor it on the top of the muffin while the icing is still very warm.

Well, that's it I guess. Labu apetīti! ;)

No comments :

Post a Comment